The Restore Inner West Line community action group held its first meeting on Saturday 21st December 2013 at Regents Park Library. The meeting was attended by nearly 20 residents including Barbara Perry (then Auburn MP) and representatives from local churches and ethnic groups. The action group is currently seeking assistance from the community to produce signs to be displayed in front lawns and shopfronts.
The Worst Downgrade in a Generation – Train Services gone back to 1924!
Cutting the Inner West Line at Homebush and the removal of Liverpool via Regents Park trains with the new train timetable on 20th October 2013 has resulted in:
- 98% Trains Cut between Lidcombe to Liverpool (via Regents Park)
- 3 Additional Interchanges at Birrong, Lidcommbe, Strathfield
- Increased Travel & Wait Times of 30 Minutes at Lidcombe
- Increased Overcrowding on Western Line & South Line
- Lack of Access to the Inner West & Sydney City
- Lack of Frequent Trains with 30 Minute Service Gaps
- No direct Liverpool to City via Regents Park
- No direct Bankstown to City via Regents Park
- Increased Traffic Congestion & lack of Commuter Parking