We are interested in forming a revised public transport action group for the Lidcombe to Cabramatta, Bankstown and Liverpool area in response to changes to the Sydney Trains timetable (late 2017) and introduction of the Sydney Metro from Bankstown to Sydenham.
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/LidcombeCabramattaRail
Key objectives of the Lidcombe to Cabramatta Rail Action Group would be:
- Direct train services to/from the City for all stations on the T3 Bankstown Line (via the Inner West).
- Increasing frequency of train services for stations between Lidcombe to Cabramatta via Regents Park, and Birrong, Yagoona.
- Opposing cuts to the T3 Bankstown Line at Cabramatta to ensure direct services operate between Liverpool, Bankstown and Lidcombe.
- Upgrade of Birrong Station including additional parking, lifts, security and staffed hours.
- Ensuring adequate public transport to meet growing needs and population in the community.
The Lidcombe to Cabramatta (via Regents Park) railway line was opened in 1924 to reduce overcrowding on the Western Line/South Line near Granville. We believe that this section of track has the capacity to carry more passenger services and should be a connected part of the Sydney Trains network even after the introduction of the Sydney Metro from Bankstown to Sydenham.
For more information and/or to be involved, please contact us.
If you’re concerned about public transport between Bankstown and Sydenham, please contact the Sydenham to Bankstown Alliance www.sydbankalliance.com