Key Issues: 2017 Timetable and Sydney Metro
The Restore Inner West Line community action group and petition is a grassroots campaign for public transport improvements in Sydney’s Inner West, Western and South Western suburbs.
The Inner West Line was a direct Liverpool/Bankstown to City via Regents Park train service until its unnecessary removal in 2013’s changes to the Sydney Trains timetable. The 2017 timetable has also been implemented without any consultation and fails to improve the trains.
We are fighting against poor public transport and planning decisions affecting the local government areas of Strathfield, Cumberland, Canterbury-Bankstown, Fairfield and Liverpool.
Restore Inner West Line’s key objectives include:
- 2 new tracks between Homebush and Lidcombe then to Granville (T1 Line Sextuplication)
- Inner West Line (Liverpool/Bankstown to City via Regents Park) – express/limited stops trains
- Bankstown Line (Lidcombe/Liverpool to Bankstown – City via Sydenham) – all stations trains
- Save the Bankstown Line: No cuts at Lidcombe, No Cabramatta turnback, No Bankstown Metro
- More Fast Trains for Lidcombe, Auburn, Clyde, Granville, Harris Park and Parramatta to City
- Fair fares for public transport especially for Western Sydney commuters
- Encouraging usage and expansion of public transport instead of roads/motorways
We ask for your support of our objectives and seek to work together to improve public transport in our local areas. Please visit our website at www.restoreinnerwestline.org.au and contact us for more information about our community campaign.