The contrast between North Shore and Western Sydney could not be greater because of Gladys Berejiklian’s attacks on public transport.
Sydney is a wonderful City where everyone is welcome especially if you’re from the North Shore.
Gladys Berejiklian and Andrew Constance are increasing City-bound train services on the T1 North Shore Line to 20 trains per hour in 2019.
But if you’re from Western Sydney, you’d be better off in the 1930s.
- Berala to City was 22 minutes in 1930 direct on Bankstown circuit (Central – Lidcombe – Bankstown – City) but since 2013 this journey takes over 30 minutes and involves an interchange at Lidcombe.
- Liverpool used to have 3 train lines to the City (via Regents Park, via Granville, via Bankstown). Gladys Berejiklian cut the Inner West Line in half in 2013 removing the Liverpool via Regents Park service. Commuters have to make multiple interchanges at Birrong, Lidcombe and Strathfield to travel to the City via Inner West.
- Express trains have been removed from Lidcombe, Auburn, Granville during the peak hour in 2017 leading to increased overcrowding and longer travel times for commuters. Liverpool has also lost its express train to Central.
- The Bankstown Line will further be cut in half because of the Sydenham to Bankstown Metro and it is likely that Bankstown Line trains will terminate at Cabramatta. The Sydenham to Bankstown Metro will also remove all trains to City from 9 stations: Berala, Regents Park, Sefton, Chester Hill, Leightonfield, Villawood, Carramar, Birrong, Yagoona. The Liverpool via Bankstown route will also be cut.
It’s time to fight back against Berejiklian’s attack on Western Sydney, we need to #RestoreInnerWestLine for:
- Direct Trains to City Circle for Berala & Regents Park (and all T3 stations west of Bankstown)
- No Interchange at Lidcombe, Birrong, Bankstown, Cabramatta, Strathfield
- Less Overcrowding & Injuries at Lidcombe
- Express Trains for Lidcombe, Auburn and Granville (Inner West Line to Parramatta replaced express train)
- More Trains for Western & South West Sydney
Join our RALLY FOR PUBLIC TRANSPORT on Saturday 20 October 10am at Regents Park
Thank you to The Battler, Save T3, Sydenham-Bankstown Alliance, Lidcombe Bowling Club, Heartbeat Church – Regents Park for your support and endorsement.
Please register and sign the petition: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/rally-for-public-transport-registration-46699481406