2024 Sydney Trains Timetable: “Liverpool to City Circle via Regents Park (and Lidcombe)” is the T2 Inner West Line (which operated from its opening in 1924 to 2013).
Transport for NSW is deliberately misleading commuters and is causing confusion especially among the culturally & linguistically diverse community in falsely naming “Liverpool to City Circle via Regents Park (and Lidcombe)” as the T3 Bankstown Line when Bankstown Station is not on the route.
We urge Transport for NSW to correct this error on all publications and on all rail network information screens; and we urge media representatives to not refer to “Liverpool to City Circle via Regents Park (and Lidcombe)” as a branch of the T3 Bankstown Line. Regents Park is not an interchange between “two Bankstown line branches” but rather an interchange between the T2 Inner West Line (Liverpool via Regents Park) and T3 Bankstown Line (Lidcombe to Bankstown shuttle) trains from mid-2024 onwards.
There is only 1 Bankstown Line and that will be trains running as a shuttle between Lidcombe and Bankstown only. Liverpool via Regents Park is not the T3 Bankstown Line.
Join Our Community Action Group
Future of Rail in West of Bankstown from 2024 to 2030
- Will there be trains in the West of Bankstown area in 2024? YES
- Is T2 Inner West Line: Liverpool via Regents Park being restored in 2024? YES
- Will Berala, Regents Park, Sefton, Chester Hill, Leightonfield, Villawood, Carramar have trains to City Circle in 2024? YES
- How many trains from Liverpool to City via Regents Park? Between 2 and 4 per hour.
- Is Bankstown to City via Regents Park trains being restored? NO
- Will Birrong and Yagoona have direct trains to Central/City Circle from 2024? NO
- How many trains on the T3 shuttle between Lidcombe and Bankstown? Probably 2 trains per hour.
- Will there be a direct train between Liverpool and Bankstown from 2024? NO
- Will there be trains in the West of Bankstown after 2030? MAYBE
- Is Transport for NSW considering replacing trains with bus in the 2030s? YES
Read our Submission calling for Rail Planning West of Bankstown in support of the full restoration of the Inner West Line (both City to Liverpool via Regents Park and City to Bankstown via Regents Park) – Option 2 and 3.
City to Liverpool via Regents Park
The Inner West Line (Liverpool via Regents Park route removed in 2013) provides fastest access to City Circle and Inner West without crowded interchanges at Birrong, Lidcombe, Strathfield.
City to Bankstown via Regents Park
Sydney Metro Southwest downgrades Sydenham to Bankstown and isolates the west of Bankstown forcing commuters from Birrong and Yagoona to interchange to reach the City Circle as the direct service on Inner West Line (Bankstown via Regents Park route) was removed in 2013.
Fast Trains for Lidcombe, Auburn, Granville
The 2017 timetable change extending the Inner West Line from Homebush (2013 terminus) to Parramatta resulted in the loss of express trains at Lidcombe, Auburn, Granville and hindered the capacity for the reinstatement of the City to Bankstown via Regents Park route.
South West Sydney Deserves Better
We are also campaigning for all stations from City to Liverpool via Regents Park to have accessibility upgrades and NightRide bus services. Chester Hill, Villawood, and Carramar needs lifts. Birrong, Yagoona, and Carramar needs NightRide. Liverpool should also have direct trains to Campbelltown.
Restore T2 Inner West Line: City Circle to Liverpool via Regents Park