Restore Inner West Line
Started in 2013 by local residents, the Restore Inner West Line campaign seeks to bring back our train services and support the upgrade not shutdown of train stations west of Bankstown.
The removal of the Inner West Line’s City to Liverpool via Regents Park and City to Bankstown via Regents Park service marks the beginning of the NSW Government’s attempts to remove rail services in South Western Sydney.
We seek to work with community organisations, Councils, State MPs and the NSW Government to improve public transport especially for local residents from west of Bankstown.
The multicultural suburbs of Lidcombe, Berala, Regents Park, Birrong, Yagoona, Sefton, Chester Hill, Leightonfield, Villawood, Carramar, Cabramatta, Warwick Farm and Liverpool are some of the most disadvantaged communities in Sydney which have been neglected by the NSW Government.
Restore T2 Inner West Line – City Circle to Liverpool via Regents Park.
Our main campaign objectives are:
- Restore Inner West Line (City to Liverpool via Regents Park and City to Bankstown via Regents Park)
- Save T3 Bankstown Line (Keep Our Stations Open and No to Metro Southwest)
- Fast Trains for Lidcombe, Auburn, Clyde, Granville
- Fix Liverpool Transport (Express Services to City Circle and Direct to Campbelltown)
- Upgrade not Shutdown (Lifts for Yagoona, Birrong, Chester Hill, Leightonfield, Villawood, Carramar)
- NightRide Bus for all stations including Carramar and increased services on the Bankstown Line
- Sustainable development in our local communities and protecting our green spaces (e.g. Gazzard Park, Yagoona)
- Public Transport not Motorways
Please read our Answers to Frequently Asked Questions for more information about why restoring the Inner West Line is important.
As we are independent of any political party and do not have funding from property developers, we rely solely on generous donations and contributions of time from local volunteers.
Restore Inner West Line also works closely with various community groups and kindred organisations including The Battler, Sydenham to Bankstown Alliance, EcoTransit Sydney, Fix NSW.
Please support us by signing the petition and donating to our campaign to improve our public transport.
We love to hear from you, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0426 500 330.
As of January 2023, Transport for NSW has not released any draft timetables for future rail services in the West of Bankstown area.