The Restore Inner West Line community action group held its first meeting on Saturday 21 December 2013 at Regents Park Library. The meeting was attended by nearly 20 residents including Barbara Perry (then Auburn MP), representatives from local churches and various ethnic groups. We welcome all volunteers in the local community to assist us with our activities.
The Worst Downgrade in a Generation – Train Services gone back to 1924!
Cutting the Inner West Line at Homebush and the removal of Liverpool via Regents Park trains with the new train timetable on 20th October 2013 has resulted in:
- 98% Trains Cut between Lidcombe to Liverpool (via Regents Park)
- 3 Additional Interchanges at Birrong, Lidcommbe, Strathfield
- Increased Travel & Wait Times of 30 Minutes at Lidcombe
- Increased Overcrowding on Western Line & South Line
- Lack of Access to the Inner West & Sydney City
- Lack of Frequent Trains with 30 Minute Service Gaps
- No direct Liverpool to City via Regents Park
- No direct Bankstown to City via Regents Park
- Increased Traffic Congestion & lack of Commuter Parking
The 2017 train timetable further replaces T1 express trains for Lidcombe, Auburn, Granville with T2 trains increasing travel times to the City.
We thank Tania Mihailuk (Bankstown MP) for supporting our campaign to restore the Inner West Line (to Liverpool via Regents Park). Labor has promised to reinstate the train service if elected in 2019.
We thank the NSW Labor Party and NSW Greens for their continued support of our community efforts to restore the Inner West Line. Please note, we welcome and will publish policies of support from all political parties.